I love making and drinking lemonade! It is always refreshing on a hot day! So while at Yallingup during our holiday last December, we were preparing for a late afternoon at the beach. We had our food prepared but just short of a drink. Then I decided to make use of the lemon that came as part of the welcome gift and some lavender in the backyard of our accommodation to zest up the flavor.
You will need:
1 cup lavender syrup*
1.5-2litres (iced) water
For lavender syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 sprig/1 teaspoon lavender
1. Make the lavender syrup first by combining sugar and water in a saucepan. Let it boil over the stove.
2. After the sugar is melted and the mixture is boiling, turn off the heat and add the lavender. Let lavender simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In the mean time, cut the lemon into half and extract the juice using a fork.
4. You can seive the juice if you like. I prefer my lemonade with pulp. Transfer the juice into a pitcher/larger container that you are using to serve.
5. Seive the lavender syrup if you are using loose buds.
6. Add the water to the lemon juice
7. Add syrup to sweeten the mixture as desired.
8. Chill before serving.