This blouse is made as part of my first MDO (mother-daughter outfit), which I brought along for my Made-Me-Holiday. For the adult version, I used my self-drafted sorbetto and improvised the panel to be added as a ruffle/frill down the center front. It’s such an easy top to wear and sew!
I made a handful of other dresses and tops with extra space before. What I did was simply to add a couple of inches to the waist and connect the armpit to that point and extend to wherever the hem is. This method workED for me before pregnancy. What I don’t like about it now is that, it is very roomy at the side and not all around. So I needed a new pattern. I infused the flare skirt concept to my front bodice block by cutting up my bodice block down the dart and opened up the pattern, which creates more space on each quarter.
I am loving the extra space that this pattern gives! Makes a perfect fat-top too!