Tea Party Dress

I began on this project some time back (think it was one of the last projects for Project X), and was left in the stash for quite a while. With a wedding luncheon to attend and having nothing (new) to wear, I decided to finish the odds and ends.

Close up of the floral and border prints

Here’s the dress story. This floral Japanese cotton caught my eye while visiting my usual fabric store. It is pinkish/purplish, floral and has border prints, really lovely. I could imagine turning it into a dress. However, it comes at $12/m!!! and I need at least 2m for a dress. Hmmmm. After much contemplation, I decided on just a metre for the bottom part of the dress.

Outfit of the day: Weaved Clutch from AgneselleWedges from Staccato 

The top part is based on Anda, a pattern that I really love, while the skirt is a simple gathered skirt.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s