Super pattern;

After submitting a handful of assignments this week, I think I deserve a break. A break to catch up with my sewing! I realised that one of the reasons for my backlogs of sewing projects is drafting. Unless I am reusing my old patterns, I need to draft the pattern for every new piece. It could take up a good 30mins if I need to figure out where to cut in, how low the neckline should be, how much allowance to give etc. Here’s what I thought of to solve this “problem”: to draft a multi-design basic block! I figured out some measurements, which are based on past experiences (in class and Project X) and basic mathematics, that worked for me and combine them into one single pattern. I made a normal and princess-cutting version with both bodice and dress block in them.

Let’s see how it all turns out!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s